Chrony’s

Rum and not the liquid

I'm looking at buying a chrony. I'm tossing up between a lab radar or I've seen a oehler 3 window chrony. I don't need a lot of features my main concern is accuracy of readings.

has anyone used a oehler or is there a better option than both.

Cheers

I would recommend the Labrador or the megneto speed. I have struggled with the optical ones myself. Only bad thing about megneto speed is they can aff xt your groups. So I just work up a latter and get speeds find pressure, then I'll look at the numbers and find flatlines and shoot the flatlines for groups.

I have a MagnetoSpeed V3 and it works very well but I do wonder about hanging things off my barrel. As such instead of springing for one the the ARCA / Pic rail bayonet mounting rod set-ups I'll will just be putting that money into a LabRadar set up in the near future.

Labradar here. It's claimed accuracy is +/- .1%. Had a Beta Chrony but it's setup was hyper critical and failed too much with "error" feedbacks. Just wasn't reliable for me.

Switched to labradar two years ago. Instantly sold everything thing else and will never go back. Litz uses them for his non-laboratory shooting and I think that says a lot. I love not having to worry about making sure I'm lined up to shoot through something and much better reliability for capturing velocities.

As FEENIX suggested....Labradar with JKL trigger and a "quad pod" style base. If cost is an issue, partner with several good friends and it gets very affordable. Don't mess around with the optical and MacGyver rigged barrel clingers. Technology continues to advance. Move with it........Buy once; cry once; happy ever after.

I considered the same chronometers two months ago. I normally buy the best available and figure its money well spent.
My intended use is to find the best factory ammo for multiple rifles since I don't hand load. I didn't need Magneto Speed's barrel feature since I have my own range. The Labradar appears to be an excellent choice, but seemed a bit expensive for my use.
I ended up buying a Caldwell chronometer and am very happy with its performance and the app as well.
The Caldwell make not fit your needs, but it does the job and is relatively inexpensive

I considered the same chronometers two months ago. I normally buy the best available and figure its money well spent.
My intended use is to find the best factory ammo for multiple rifles since I don't hand load. I didn't need Magneto Speed's barrel feature since I have my own range. The Labradar appears to be an excellent choice, but seemed a bit expensive for my use.
I ended up buying a Caldwell chronometer and am very happy with its performance and the app as well.
The Caldwell make not fit your needs, but it does the job and is relatively inexpensive

I did the same thing, and when the Caldwell didn't perform consistently I had to buy the Labradar anyway. Wouldn't recommend going this route, when I tested the caldwell vs the labradar I found that the caldwell had at least a 5% variance. The worst thing is that it wasn't consistent. Sometimes it would be high. Other shots it would be low.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.