CHOATE Inletting for CDI

jpbaker

Hey folks,

I picked up a Choate Tactical stock and a CDI Bottom metal for AICS mags.

Now the bottom of the Choate action area has a rised lip about 1-1.5" from the back the rise is about 1/4" high. and its just around the edge. I dunno how to explaine it. I will put up pics tomorrow.

The CDI metal would fit perfictly if it wasnt for that little lip in the back.

So I guess the question is, do I modify the Bottom metal, or do I modify the stock, remember it has the aluminum bedding block.

The bottom metal would probably be easily relieved, but looking for an expert opinion.

TKS
JPB

Actually, if worried about it, call CDI Precision. I believe they will inlet for you, I think they used to do it for free, not sure now.

OK, so I got it finished.

And there was more to it than I thought. I do have a problem though. The bolt wont go back far enough to pick a cartrige out of the mag box.

I called Jeff @ CDI precision and he said that with Savage 10 .223s, the bolt stop bushing on the bolt is a bit to long. So Jeff advised me to grind off a bit to allow the bolt to retract a bit more (only need 16th of an inch). Sould be an easy fix, will try it tonight

TKS
JPB

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.