Inletting Black

Kokopelli is what I use, odd that Brownell's doesn't carry it anymore (?).
Dykem Hi-Spot would work just as well.
Brownells has turned into the "WalMart" of gunsmith suppliers/gun parts sellers. If it's not a good seller, they don't stock it anymore. One of characteristics of being in business to make money. They don't make 'special orders' anymore, either. I'm just glad Kokpelli still markets it. At one time or another I've tried every marking substance that's been mentioned in this thread and always gone back to inletting black/gold. 30yrs ago, when I was in gunsmith school, we were still being taught to make stocks by hand, from a blank. Nothing made the job easier than inletting black/gold. It reliably leaves a mark that's easy to see.

Brownells has turned into the "WalMart" of gunsmith suppliers/gun parts sellers. If it's not a good seller, they don't stock it anymore. One of characteristics of being in business to make money. They don't make 'special orders' anymore, either. I'm just glad Kokpelli still markets it. At one time or another I've tried every marking substance that's been mentioned in this thread and always gone back to inletting black/gold. 30yrs ago, when I was in gunsmith school, we were still being taught to make stocks by hand, from a blank. Nothing made the job easier than inletting black/gold. It reliably leaves a mark that's easy to see.

The term "brownelled" has recently appeared on the forums. A verb for getting screwed by brownels