chimchurri sauce

Use a jar with a plastic lid (qt or so size Mayo is ideal), metal will rust. Adjust ingredients to taste. The recipe was showed to me by an Argentinian so I don't have measured qty's it done by eye.

Add to jar:
2" oregano
1 -2" crushed red pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 Tbl spoon salt
fill jar with equal parts warm water and red wine vinegar, refrigerate until pepper and oregano start to sink. As you use the liquid add equal parts until the "seeds" go dead.

That's mine, I'm interested in others.

Use a jar with a plastic lid (qt or so size Mayo is ideal), metal will rust. Adjust ingredients to taste. The recipe was showed to me by an Argentinian so I don't have measured qty's it done by eye.

Add to jar:
2" oregano
1 -2" crushed red pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 Tbl spoon salt
fill jar with equal parts warm water and red wine vinegar, refrigerate until pepper and oregano start to sink. As you use the liquid add equal parts until the "seeds" go dead.

That's mine, I'm interested in others.
Thank you

1cup olive oil
1bunch cilantro
1bunch parsley
1/4 cup chopped onion
1Heaping TBSP dried oregano
1tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1TBSP cumin
2cloves garlic
1/4 red wine vinegar
Lime juice to taste and a chopped jalapeño if you want some heat.

Put everything in the food processor and pulse until mixed well but it should be a bit chunky still.

Goes great with a elk steak grilled to medium rare with some salt pepper garlic onion garlic and cumin on it.

I LOVE CHIMCHURRI!

@Elkeater -For someone who has never made Chimchurri, Can you give a good start point on the Lime juice? This sounds really good, I'd like to make some up and try it!
Also, for anyone cooking with it....Do you marinade, baste, or put on after cooking?
Thanks for sharing, It's always sweet to find new taste bud tinglers!

The recipe I got was this guys version of Choripan. I am going to try the above recipe for sure. Cilantro, lime, cumin, garlic, oregano,..who wouldn't like that.

1cup olive oil
1bunch cilantro
1bunch parsley
1/4 cup chopped onion
1Heaping TBSP dried oregano
1tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1TBSP cumin
2cloves garlic
1/4 red wine vinegar
Lime juice to taste and a chopped jalapeño if you want some heat.

Put everything in the food processor and pulse until mixed well but it should be a bit chunky still.

Goes great with a elk steak grilled to medium rare with some salt pepper garlic onion garlic and cumin on it.

I LOVE CHIMCHURRI!
My 14 year old daughter thanks you, she loves chimchurri.

My version ...

1 cup fresh Italian parsley
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup fresh mint (fresh basil works too)
1/4 cup fresh oregano
1/4 cup chopped fresh red onion
1 whole fresh jalapeno
Zest of one fresh lemon
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup pine nuts
6 garlic cloves, peeled
3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients in a blender/food processor and process to preferred consistency.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.