Charge Master 1500

RustyRick

I was wearing a Merino wool sweater yesterday, sitting in the sun, 10% humidity in the house and my RCBS FAILED.

You guessed it. I panicked. It's not even 3 yrs old. How could my favorite love affair fail. I tried everything every which way and nothing was consistent. Closing the draft door made the scale read.

I thought it was static, but my slim efforts failed. So 1-800-help-line. SOS Must be static electricity.

Wow was it charged. A wonder it didn't ignite my powder. I washed it, rubbed it on the sink tap, grounded it to the wall plug etc. Finally de-charged it.

Thank you 1-800=help.

They helped me speed it up and the McDonalds straw up the trickle tube and my love affair has grown to new heights.

It's way faster now and rarely over charges.

Doesn't get any better.

Happy New Year

The 1500 is the best reloading tool I've purchased, hands down.
When I lived in FL where the electrical grid was a mess I attached mine to a battery backup unit

I really like mine also. I've programmed it and installed the straw. My straw end has been clipped into 8 vee shapes to allow the powder kernels to drop out in between the plastic edges in the star pattern.

Mine will charge a .233 Rem casing in about 5 seconds, but doing so will cause an occasional overcharge. All in all, its still faster that way. If I program it to never or rarely throw an overcharge, it will slow down the operation of charging a large number of casings substantially. So I observe with a small 1/4 or 1/3 teaspoon and manually remove some kernels to correct the few overcharges.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.