Chamber cleaning

Varmint Hunter

I use mostly Opossum Hollow o-ring bore guides which keeps most of the cleaning fluids out of the chamber. When I'm done cleaning, I take an oversized bore mop with some paper towel wrapped around it and hand-spin it in the chamber to remove any residue. Lately, I've been using a little lighter fluid on the paper towel to ensure that the chamber is squeaky clean.

What are you guys doing, if anything, to clean your chambers?

Mop or patch covered brush and brake cleaner or acetone. I use it down the bore as well to ensure all cleaners are removed.

. My pinky finger and a rag ain't getting it.
I have the big-ly-ist little tiny mechanics hands of anyone I've met, and I can't get even my pinky into the lug recesses 🤣

donald trump fox GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

I have a brass Dewey cleaning rod that's fixed and doesn't spin freely and it's about 15-16" long. I screw an old worn out brush on the end and wrap the brush in a piece of paper towel that's a little larger than the size of the cartridge case. I run that up into the chamber and I push it forward towards the muzzle and rotate it. I do this a couple times to make sure the chamber is dry and clean. I then mop out my bore guide and follow up with dry patching the bore after cleaning it.

I've used a shot gun cleaning rod with the patch pull through jig on the end with a patch or paper towel and soak with rubbing alcohol. Also used shot gun bore mops if I can find them in the right size.
The other day I bought some long big q-tips from HarborFreight I'm going to try out.

If your really in a pinch and don't have that or have the need to make your own, 12g solid copper wire about a 18" long doubled up and twisted on the end to pull a patch or paper towel through it and work at it like that.