• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED CCI 450

To address all that are "concerned" about the post, no where in the rules or policies does it say I have to post an item for sale at a certain price. Do other members not freely post items for sale and set asking price?
That basis is totally understood...
I believe they're saying this is not the place for "scalping" so to say...
This is a place where we usually help people instead of trying to hit them while they're down. Some people will be happy to pay a somewhat inflated price which I have done since the start of the pandemic... I think this is kind of a shocker to see on LRH though. On gunbroker and other sites it's fairly common and those are the sites that I hope LRH would never turn out like...
By no means am I bashing your thread and I wouldn't care if you sold them for $375 a box, I just don't think the folks here are the customers you're after.

To address all that are "concerned" about the post, no where in the rules or policies does it say I have to post an item for sale at a certain price. Do other members not freely post items for sale and set asking price?
Some members are a little too proud of their items and no one buys it.

Price gouging is a different subject. That doesn't happen on this site.

You're free to ask what ever you want for your primers.

We're free to point out this is not how we treat each other on this site. I've never met 99.9% of the people on here but they're still valuable members of this site and the shooting community. None of them are going to be victims of my greed.

Last edited:
you are 100 percent correct you can ask what you want for your primers and we ALL can hit ignore and none of us will see you again on this site making it hard to sell anything here again just did it

it is so nice to see the members of this site sticking together to help others were we can in tough times. there is many times I see posts looking for help and people flock to help where they can and this type of back stabbing isn't tolerated
A+++ to members standing against these practices

Completely understand where everyone is coming from but don't have to agree.
Here's the thing, can you walk into your LGS or market place right now and purchase all reloading items to support your needs?
If so, great, buy from there!
Also look at how many post are marketed towards my area. Sparsely populated and not many post selling in this area.
Let me break this down, I drive to Las Cruces or El Paso (2 hours to Sportsmans or Cabelas) to buy said primers, my fuel to and from is $60 plus primers (2019 prices as we all know nothing is in stock now) I'm now $100 not to mention time and food. Incurred cost is about asking price for a box. Okay not in stock, Albuquerque is 3 hours away, fuel is $110 plus primers, food and time. Slightly more than my asking price.
Our reloading situation will get worse before it gets better. In a few months if you weren't prepared these prices will be cheap!
Lastly, if you don't need or want what I've got to offer or don't like that I won't follow the "flock" or give buddy deals, smash ignore. Thats just one less gripe or complaint I read.

Completely understand where everyone is coming from but don't have to agree.
Here's the thing, can you walk into your LGS or market place right now and purchase all reloading items to support your needs?
If so, great, buy from there!
Also look at how many post are marketed towards my area. Sparsely populated and not many post selling in this area.
Let me break this down, I drive to Las Cruces or El Paso (2 hours to Sportsmans or Cabelas) to buy said primers, my fuel to and from is $60 plus primers (2019 prices as we all know nothing is in stock now) I'm now $100 not to mention time and food. Incurred cost is about asking price for a box. Okay not in stock, Albuquerque is 3 hours away, fuel is $110 plus primers, food and time. Slightly more than my asking price.
Our reloading situation will get worse before it gets better. In a few months if you weren't prepared these prices will be cheap!
Lastly, if you don't need or want what I've got to offer or don't like that I won't follow the "flock" or give buddy deals, smash ignore. Thats just one less gripe or complaint I read.
So if I were to carry my family out to eat, get fuel, then go get shooting supplies to sell, I should charge the buyer for my food and fuel on top of primer cost?
I guess it makes sense...
To somebody..
Inflation is understood by everyone here...
This is a different level is all we're saying... that's it.

Going fast, but was in stock moments ago. $79.99/1m

Last edited:
going to side step the "should this be on this site" dilema for now and just point out how nobody on this forum seems to understand basic economics. Sellers and prospective buyers alike.

SmokenAces can ask whatever price they want to for primers, nobody is forced to buy them. They're not taking advantage of anyone in doing so. I certainly hope no one here is stupid enough to pay almost loaded ammo prices for primers. Every transaction needs a willing buyer and a willing seller, that will likely never happen at this level so SmokenAces will either never sell his primers or he will eventually drop the price... simple

People keep acting like companies like CCI have just stopped manufacturing/shipping products or something? I'd imagine quite the opposite is true. Seller and everyone hate posting hin here are all acting like these are the last 5 bricks of primers made, it's nuts. Everyone needs to take a deep breath, click ignore on this thread, set your in-stock reminders, and then just be patient. I can almost guarantee I will get an "in-stock" reminder or two for CCI 450s before this item clears unless the price drops. So I am not going to lose any sleep on this.