case trimmers

ive only ever used the fosters case trimmer. can have additional attachments put onto it for primer pockets, neck trimming and such. though dont have any ov the attachments as of yet.

I have used the RCBS and a personally modified Lee holder system (picture a 17 year old kid with a welder and an imagination lol)

I like the RCBS, but admitadly I had to shim the trimmer to align it better with the shell holder. It is pretty fast to switch cases in... that's what I liked about it when I bought it.

I would also look at either a Sinclair or a Forsters.

FYI, I called Lee, shortly after buying my 7mm RUM and asked about ordering the case length gauge and shell holder for this cartridge. At the time, they weren't making them and it would have been very expensive to have made and I'd have been looking at a long wait time. However, Midway was showing it as backordered. I backordered it and just received notification today that it was ready to ship. Yes!!!!!!

I've got a Wilson with most, but not all (yet) of the bells-n-whistles. Very, very accurate and not bad at all on speed once you get going. Not near as fast as my Giraud :rolleyes: but for smaller batches its definitely the way to go for me.

As an added bonus if you ever get into meplat trimming and pointing bullets... John Whidden's setup for doing the meplat trimming is designed to sit in a Wilson trimmer lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.