Canvas cheek piece with pouch supplier?

Coyboy

Who has a source for this type of velcro or tie on cheek piece. Looking for something with pouch and maybe cartrige loops, and nice cheek padding.

Any help?

I like the ones black hawk makes. Comes with a pouch, ammo slots, and has a nice positive feel for cheek weld.

I have an A-5 stock, on my 6x284 and on my 338 Allen Mag that is being built by Kirby, with thumbwheel cheek piece. Will these pouchs work on the stock with the thumbwheel cheek piece and how large of a cartridge will they handle, will they handle the big 408 Chey Tac case?

Wildcat

Does anyone have a link to the ones that black hawk make? The ones at TriadTactical.com look nice. But it would be nice to compare.

tks

I have the Blackhawk and don't care for it. It doesn't have the liner on the cheekpeice and the velco straps aren't as effective at the Eagle in my opinion.

Wildcat, neither of these will work with an adjustable cheekpeice.

Chris

I prefer the Eagle model as well.

FWIW, a lot of guys have mentioned that the Blackhawk "Hawk-Tex" cheekpad is a little "sticky" and not as comfy to shoot for long periods of time.

Wildcat, the shell loops will take .300WinMag, but they're tight enough - you'll be pushing it to get your .408s into it. The good news is that is really isn't that practical to carry ammo there anyway, especially long ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.