• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Canceled. New 45-70 but NO. Thanks to all.

As you can see from the attached photo these two bullets appear to be very similar is shape and manufacture. I would guess the 250 grain lead free on the right are Hornady manufacture. Even the boxes are very similar. I have loaded a bunch and shot a bunch with these two bullets. My preference is to not over load these since they both have performed very well on dear and bear at short distances. I feel the 45-70, 100 yards or less, 325 gr FTX in my Handi rifle at 2000 fps can take most game walking the North American continent. The 250 gr monolith can go a bit faster and flies flatter complete passes thru deer at 75 yds.

Attachments

• .458 Caliber Bullets.jpg
    .458 Caliber Bullets.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 57
badman bullets
Missouri bullets
T&B BULLETS

If you are still looking I might be able to help. I am interested in primer you spoke of? If you are looking for 45-70 bullets or loaded ammo we can talk.
I am interested in Bullets that I can reload. I see that you are in Arizona and shipping primers is impossible. I could go a face to face transaction for primers but shipping is impossible. I have a friend in Wickenburg that might be able to help. Where are you located and what primers do you need?

i Am very pleased with the response that I have received. There are a lot of great guys on this forum for sure.

I am interested in Bullets that I can reload. I see that you are in Arizona and shipping primers is impossible. I could go a face to face transaction for primers but shipping is impossible. I have a friend in Wickenburg that might be able to help. Where are you located and what primers do you need?

i Am very pleased with the response that I have received. There are a lot of great guys on this forum for sure.
I'm in the Phoenix area and can get to Wickenburg as needed. If you are agreeable we can figure out a trade that makes sense. If you want to contact me directly [email protected] works with contact info and go from there

I picked up a new to me 45-70. I have cases, powder, and primers but no bullets. I did not think that it would be impossible to find bullets but is seems to be. I spend a couple of hours searching the net and can only find bullets suitable for elephant and rhino hunting. I bought the rifle for short range deer and elk hunting. If anyone can help a brother out you would be a friend for life and pretty much guarantee a place in heaven. I live in Idaho and would be willing to trade Varget, H4895, or primers. I also have bullets; 44 Mag JHP, Sierra GMM 175 gr. Tipped, or 45ACP 230 gr. Could also trade loaded 556 green tipped or 7.62 NATO ammo. Of course PayPal for those geographically challenged.

My preference is Hornady 45015 325gr FTX or any bullet 350gr-400gr, but beggars can't always be choosy.

I do see solid lead bullets available but worry that most are made for cowboy action shooting and would create leading at higher velocities. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I picked up a new to me 45-70. I have cases, powder, and primers but no bullets. I did not think that it would be impossible to find bullets but is seems to be. I spend a couple of hours searching the net and can only find bullets suitable for elephant and rhino hunting. I bought the rifle for short range deer and elk hunting. If anyone can help a brother out you would be a friend for life and pretty much guarantee a place in heaven. I live in Idaho and would be willing to trade Varget, H4895, or primers. I also have bullets; 44 Mag JHP, Sierra GMM 175 gr. Tipped, or 45ACP 230 gr. Could also trade loaded 556 green tipped or 7.62 NATO ammo. Of course PayPal for those geographically challenged.

My preference is Hornady 45015 325gr FTX or any bullet 350gr-400gr, but beggars can't always be choosy.

I do see solid lead bullets available but worry that most are made for cowboy action shooting and would create leading at higher velocities. Any comments would be appreciated.

Are these what you are looking for? I have them on the back of my bench and no longer need them. 36 left

Attachments

• 20210215_115450.jpg
    20210215_115450.jpg
    1,019 KB · Views: 46
Close. I'm looking for the 325gr. 250 fine for deer but not their bigger cousin Elk.

Thank you for checking and giving me the opportunit. God Bless.

David

I have .458 dia 405 grain bullets Remington, 79 total if you are interested

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28

Sir, i am new to the site but have been reading for a long time. I was looking through my benches and found 130 405 gr bullets for 45-70. I was shooting these through my #1 long time ago. I have to wait to sell on the site but they can be yours if you are interested. I was running them at 1900+ in the Ruger. They should do the job out to 200 with no problem.

Text if interested.
336-314-0044
Chip
Chip, I'm concerned that i won't be able to drive the bullets fast enough to get expansion. I won't be near 1800 fps on a 200 yard shot . I would be interested in the brass. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

I checked my supply of .458 cal bullets. 325 gr Hornady FTX and 250 gr Midway Lead free Monoliths w/polymer tips. I have shot these out to 200 yards out of my Optima and my Handi rifles and both like these bullets.
Are you able to part with any of your FTX. I wasn't sure and didn't want to pass up on the opportunity. Thanks in advance.