• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Canceled. New 45-70 but NO. Thanks to all.

Fury Custom Bullets

They have a wide selection of big bore bullets from 338 to 50cal. I just ordered 220 gr flat points for my .375 Winchester big bore. Nobody had any in stock and these guys sent them out the next day. Good luck aloha!!
Good luck, hope they treat you well Brah!!

Text if interested.
336-314-0044
Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 168
I picked up a new to me 45-70. I have cases, powder, and primers but no bullets. I did not think that it would be impossible to find bullets but is seems to be. I spend a couple of hours searching the net and can only find bullets suitable for elephant and rhino hunting. I bought the rifle for short range deer and elk hunting. If anyone can help a brother out you would be a friend for life and pretty much guarantee a place in heaven. I live in Idaho and would be willing to trade Varget, H4895, or primers. I also have bullets; 44 Mag JHP, Sierra GMM 175 gr. Tipped, or 45ACP 230 gr. Could also trade loaded 556 green tipped or 7.62 NATO ammo. Of course PayPal for those geographically challenged.

My preference is Hornady 45015 325gr FTX or any bullet 350gr-400gr, but beggars can't always be choosy.

I do see solid lead bullets available but worry that most are made for cowboy action shooting and would create leading at higher velocities. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
If you are still looking I might be able to help. I am interested in primer you spoke of? If you are looking for 45-70 bullets or loaded ammo we can talk.

Um 400gr Partitions in stock!! Best bullet you can get!!
Absolutely

Hard cast bullets do quite well in the 45-70. Leading is not an issue with proper alloy and lube selection. Even more so with powder coating.

I've been dabbling with 45-70 and the powder coated bullets don't seem to be leading very much. I'm pushing a 405 Missouri over I think 45 gr on H4198. It's lively. I bought some speer 400's too for hunting and it seems like they are one of the favorites. You should know if you get brass for the leverevolution bullets it'll be too short for the others. I'd stick to cast and then traditional jacketed for hunting personally, but then again you can probably do it all with cast

ACME bullets has cast bullets that are coated so no lube or leading. They do have in stock. Don't be worried about leading if you decide to cast your own. Just use a good lube and measure your bore for accuracy. I use heavy bullets in my sharps but found with lower velocity they shoot awesome in my lever and single break action quite well. 45-70 is a strange beast that just needs a little finesse

You will need to separate the Hornady brass from the others. They are quite a bit shorter. Not a good match for lead, as they are designed for the longer tipped leverevolution bullet only.

I checked my supply of .458 cal bullets. 325 gr Hornady FTX and 250 gr Midway Lead free Monoliths w/polymer tips. I have shot these out to 200 yards out of my Optima and my Handi rifles and both like these bullets.

I picked up a new to me 45-70. I have cases, powder, and primers but no bullets. I did not think that it would be impossible to find bullets but is seems to be. I spend a couple of hours searching the net and can only find bullets suitable for elephant and rhino hunting. I bought the rifle for short range deer and elk hunting. If anyone can help a brother out you would be a friend for life and pretty much guarantee a place in heaven. I live in Idaho and would be willing to trade Varget, H4895, or primers. I also have bullets; 44 Mag JHP, Sierra GMM 175 gr. Tipped, or 45ACP 230 gr. Could also trade loaded 556 green tipped or 7.62 NATO ammo. Of course PayPal for those geographically challenged.

My preference is Hornady 45015 325gr FTX or any bullet 350gr-400gr, but beggars can't always be choosy.

I do see solid lead bullets available but worry that most are made for cowboy action shooting and would create leading at higher velocities. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
You might look at the HiTek coating painted cast bullets. I'm shooting both 255gr semiwad cutters and 325 gr bullets in my 454 Casull. I've seen no leading. I'm pushing the 255's like they are jacketed, over 1900 ft/sec.