Can the stock trigger pull be reduced?

Keep in mind that the TAC15i is a suedo AR15 Frame.
Hello Jon:

I should have been more specific. I have the TAC15i (the integrated pseudo AR-15 lower that uses six bolts instead of the pins).

It has been awhile, but I do know I couldn't just remove the Hammer stop pin on the TAC15i lower frame. If I remember... removing the pin caused the hammer to hit the cocking shuttle and cocking the bow no longer cocked the hammer. Thus you had to put some sort of padding in place that stopped the hammer in a similar position that the Hammer stop pin would have.

I was going to try a polypropylene block as a stop, but when I found that the hammer was causing far less noise than the limbs & string; I gave-up and when onto more pressing matters.

Hi OkieBowie,
As I had previously stated in my Timney Trigger Installation Instructions article this pin is Uni-directional and must be removed using a hammer and narrow punch. It must also be put back in after the new trigger assembly has been seated in place.

When removing this steel frame pin out, you will need to punch it out from the side the Safety Selector Switch is on and tap it out to the opposite side of the crossbow frame.

After installing the new trigger assembly and cocking the hammer to the load position, you must re-install the steel hammer block pin from the side of the frame you removed it. The use the hammer and punch to re-seat the pin until it is again flush with the frame of your crossbow.

Once you complete this step, the hammer will hit the steel frame pin each time the trigger is pulled. Just make sure that when you complete the assembly process, that your trigger is in the loaded position and everything has been tightened securely.

Also, when you attempt to load your xbow the first time, make sure the string loop is being placed over top of the second string catch on the crank block. The first one is the anti-dry fire catch and this needs to be depressed by the arrows nock. If you make the mistake of dropping the string loop over the wrong catch, the hammer will fire, but the crossbow will never release the string and this will force a manual let down of the loaded bow using the hand crank and cocking release lever.

I hope this helps you in resolving the problems you were having.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.