Can anyone identify this?

carswellb58

I recently watched the movie "Wind River". In an early scene a hunter is shooting a wolf and the camera shows what is supposed to be a view through the hunter's scope. A snapshot of that view is attached to this message. The first thing I noticed is that it appears to be a range-finding scope (note the distance of 227 yards in red in the lower right hand area). It looks like a Nightforce MOAR reticle, but to my knowledge Nightforce does not make a auto-ranging scope. Can anyone add any information? What are we seeing in the picture? Nightforce? Other?

Attachments

• scope.png
    scope.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 324
It does look like a NF reticle. However I'm guessing the yardage was put in by cgi. How old is that movie? If it's a new movie then I guess it could be a new NF model they haven't announced yet. Sometimes companies put products in movies before they are released to the public.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.