Can’t get scope boresighted.

M3mike,
If i remember the early ridgeline used savage 110 2 piece bases and Talley made a special one piece bases for Christiansen. That pattern was the same front & rear, but they might have changed.

Another thing was you didn't say how far away your laser was from your target.

Back to post #1 as others mentioned when the scope turret is turned all the way in the down in the down arrow direction the reticule and the laser should be farthest apart on the target. Maybe that is where all the confusion started.

A different way of saying what we are trying to say.....
a 30 moa base is used to gain more elevation in the turrets. It does this by tipping the scope so your 100 yard zero is in the bottom of your adjustment range, intead of in the center of the range as it typically is with a 0 moa base. If you are truly maxed down already, a 30 or 20 moa base is going to make this worse, unless I'm totally missing what problems you are having.

If the original base was "zero"(or a 20), and the laser was used in a "small" room, and ended up about 2" low of the reticle there most likely was not a problem in the first place. At that point it was time to shoot it at 25 or 50 yards.

On a scope, when you turn the vertical turret to lower the point of impact as it relates to the reticle you are actually raising reticle. When you turn the turret to raise the point of impact you are lowering the reticle. According to your first post, the point of impact was 2" below the reticle. All that is needed is to turn the turret to raise the point of impact.

You can use a ballistics program to find where your bullet first cross the line of site, usually somewhere near 30 yds or so. The laser bore sighter works best at this range. If you reticle and the laser align at this range, you should be near perfect at 100 yds.

With a 50 mm scope, You probably have high rings on the rifle. Now you may have 2" or more between the scope center and bore center. Getting near an AR 15 bore to sight measurement.
I suggest take it to a 100 yd. range. Put up a target to bore site on. Should be on or high at 100 yds. If it is on target, shoot to check it.
In close entry attack, No Hostage Situation. The U.S. Army once taught, If my old memory is right, At 15 feet, hold 3 inches high above a door lock to bust the door lock for quick entry, Because of sights above the bore. This may be your problem. Good Luck on this problem and quick cure.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.