Calling bears in Idaho

I have been trying to call bears both spring & fall for about 12 years. Never have had it work. Called in a lion, a wolf & several coyotes but no bears. Lots of hunters kill bears by calling though.
If you get it figured out let me know your secret!
Kirk

Had a show on TV the other day. Bowhunting in NE Idaho along the Henry's Fk. They were using a dying rabbit call. Didn't get one on the show, but showed a pic of the hunter with a bear he got a week later.
Fawn calls can be effective at times. I'm not that far from you and fawns usually drop 3rd week of May to 2nd week of June in our area for deer and antelope. Bruce

Rabbit/hare calls in my case are very effective in calling in bear.

The key is stay with it. That distress call is something that No predator can refuse and every one of them will come to a distress call if they are around.

The key is they must be where you are calling. It works on brown bear as well is my experience.

my dad used to use the dying rabbit for foxes years an years ago he said it worked great on panthers too which unnerved his beagle never said how it did on bears.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.