California D3 area

not to many big name people come to cali to hunt. its one of the hardest public lands to hunt in the area, especially if you are hunting d zones for mule deer. i hunt d8, which might not help you, because im sure the follow up question is going to be "where should i go?"
if thats what you are looking for...scout...earlier rather than later. use maps to narrow your search pattern, get of the roads, walk, look for signs, food sources, water, game trails, tracks, scat and other animals to cross/add them off the list. very early mornings are usually the best time, especially in the summer and a half hour before sundown, but you are going to want to be glassing and checking areas all day. deer will move to get out of the sunlight.

not to many big name people come to cali to hunt. its one of the hardest public lands to hunt in the area, especially if you are hunting d zones for mule deer. i hunt d8, which might not help you, because im sure the follow up question is going to be "where should i go?"
if thats what you are looking for...scout...earlier rather than later. use maps to narrow your search pattern, get of the roads, walk, look for signs, food sources, water, game trails, tracks, scat and other animals to cross/add them off the list. very early mornings are usually the best time, especially in the summer and a half hour before sundown, but you are going to want to be glassing and checking areas all day. deer will move to get out of the sunlight.

Isn't that an x zone? X zones are always good compare to
D zones....if you're lucky enough to draw a tag. D zones aren't a problem
If you like walking and get away from other hunters

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.