• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

CA 6.5x284 - 26" Carbon (Awesome shooter)

What does the bare rifle weigh?
I think it's around 7.7 lbs. If you are seriously interested and want the exact data, I'd have to pull the scope next week to check. Just went off of CA website weight data for a long-action. Basically the same rifle as the Traverse, except mine has an integrated pic scope rail and the titanium brake, along with other features and accuracy enhancement work.

Last edited:
I think it's around 7.7 lbs. If you are seriously interested and want the exact data, I'd have to pull the scope next week to check. Just went off of CA website weight data for a long-action. Basically the same rifle as the Traverse, except mine has an integrated pic scope rail and the titanium brake, along with other features and accuracy enhancement work.
Thanks North, appreciate your response. I'm looking for a lighter rifle and just couldn't figure it out from CA's web site. Your's certainly seems to be a shooter though.

Sure thing. With a lighter scope, it would feel light. If you want a lighter one, I've got a Carbon Classic CA in 270 WSM 24" w/10 twist. :) This one has also been accurized, bedded, and forend pic rail (w/QD) added for bipod. Shoots the 145 ELD-X handloads (see target pic) at 3,185 fps and factory Precision Hunter loads both very well. Another very nice rifle that is more than I can use right now. Very comfortable to shoot with the titanium radial brake. Very potent setup, easy to handle, light, but solid.

Attachments

• CA 270 WSM - Weight.jpeg
    CA 270 WSM - Weight.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 91
  • CA 270 WSM Carbon Classic-1.jpeg
    CA 270 WSM Carbon Classic-1.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 93
  • CA 270 WSM Carbon Classic-2.jpeg
    CA 270 WSM Carbon Classic-2.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 270 WSM - 145 ELD-X Target photo.jpg
    270 WSM - 145 ELD-X Target photo.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 89
Sure thing. With a lighter scope, it would feel light. If you want a lighter one, I've got a Carbon Classic CA in 270 WSM 24" w/10 twist. :) This one has also been accurized, bedded, and forend pic rail (w/QD) added for bipod. Shoots the 145 ELD-X handloads (see target pic) at 3,185 fps and factory Precision Hunter loads both very well. Another very nice rifle that is more than I can use right now. Very comfortable to shoot with the titanium radial brake. Very potent setup, easy to handle, light, but solid.

You're making things hard. Is this a 6 1/5 lb gun due to the short action or is it still 7.5 lbs? I have a toy gun CA Summit TI TH that weighs 5.5 lbs but my Leupold Mark 5 HD weighs 2 pounds taking it to 7.5 lbs. It's a 6.5 CM that shoots sub - .25 MOA. It just doesn't have the "Umph" I want even at 3015 fps with 124 gr HH. I just want a "super-light" mountain rifle I can backpack to 11,000 feet with enough umpgh to take an elk down at ranges up to 500 yards. You have the cartridge here that I suspect is the right one, the rifle might just be heavy. I haven't told you but I'm older and not muscle bound so with a 45 lb pack and climbing 5 or 6 thousand feet I need the weight controlled.

You're making things hard. Is this a 6 1/5 lb gun due to the short action or is it still 7.5 lbs? I have a toy gun CA Summit TI TH that weighs 5.5 lbs but my Leupold Mark 5 HD weighs 2 pounds taking it to 7.5 lbs. It's a 6.5 CM that shoots sub - .25 MOA. It just doesn't have the "Umph" I want even at 3015 fps with 124 gr HH. I just want a "super-light" mountain rifle I can backpack to 11,000 feet with enough umpgh to take an elk down at ranges up to 500 yards. You have the cartridge here that I suspect is the right one, the rifle might just be heavy. I haven't told you but I'm older and not muscle bound so with a 45 lb pack and climbing 5 or 6 thousand feet I need the weight controlled.
It feels light. Thinking it's 6.8 lbs bare. With the Zeiss scope being lighter than yours, it likely feels very similar to yours. It handles and balances well. Never tried it, but thinking it'd be a great candidate for a Hammer load. Perfect elk rifle for mountain hunting. My 12 yr old son shot a whitetail at 555 yd all by himself with this rifle 2 yrs ago. :)

And I was wrong - the 6.5x284 is 7.1 lbs bare. Not a lot of difference, but the 270 feels lighter partly due to being more compact. My son has a 6.5 PRC in the Summit Ti. It feels a tad lighter than this 270 WSM, but not much to notice.

It feels light. Thinking it's 6.8 lbs bare. With the Zeiss scope being lighter than yours, it likely feels very similar to yours. It handles and balances well. Never tried it, but thinking it'd be a great candidate for a Hammer load. Perfect elk rifle for mountain hunting. My 12 yr old son shot a whitetail at 555 yd all by himself with this rifle 2 yrs ago. :)

And I was wrong - the 6.5x284 is 7.1 lbs bare. Not a lot of difference, but the 270 feels lighter partly due to being more compact. My son has a 6.5 PRC in the Summit Ti. It feels a tad lighter than this 270 WSM, but not much to notice.

Hi North,

Thanks for all the info but I'm going to look for a Summit. I know that I may have to settle for a 6.5 PRC instead of the WSM but I really like the stock and the weight of my gun.

You've got some nice rifles that are real shooters and I'm sure some hunter is going to jump on one of them soon.

Thanks again.
Michael