• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Buyers Beware - New Scammer Tactics

C.O. Shooter

Saw this on a PA classified website:

Should reflect Buyers and Sellers!

Announcement: Be carful boys, there is a slimy guy snooping around asking if he can send you a "6-didget verification code" to make sure you are a real person before tying to buy what you're selling. He pings your device to show you your own 6-digit google account code. in hopes that you willfully give up your google account with your identity, addresses, credit card numbers, and passwords on it.​

Last edited:
Saw this on a PA classified website:

Should reflect Buyers and Sellers!

Announcement: Be carful boys, there is a slimy guy snooping around asking if he can send you a "6-didget verification code" to make sure you are a real person before tying to buy what you're selling. He pings your device to show you your own 6-digit google account code. in hopes that you willfully give up your google account with your identity, addresses, credit card numbers, and passwords on it.​
I just received that verification code right before this post started. It was when I was attempting to log into Facebook. Luckily, I was suspicious and did not respond. Great timing. Thanks.