• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer Possible Beware lrlarry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely are entitled to your opinion. Don't forget that most on the "other side" are young or have been indoctrinated to believe policy that is totally against the original intent of our constitution & country. We can love our family and fellow countrymen but we must not bend from the faith-based principles of our founding fathers or doom to our nation is imminent.
We must not bend or give an inch to any compromise. This includes not only second amendment but first amendment rights & liberty. This includes voicing our opinions to those that have divided us. We have kept our mouths shut far too long and slowly watched our country dissolve into a mess.
It's time we took our country back. This includes denouncing most of the far-left policy that put us in this place.
True that no one politician or party now has it right. But, for now, the days of leaving your doors unlocked at night are over. Until we get back to the God-fearing nation we had in the 50s & 60s we can do nothing but call things like we see them, "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck" it is a duck. Scammers are crooks and likewise "the left" bent on destroying our country as it once was are also. Good day sir.
Oh, please...!! It is extremist views like yours that help to divide people in this country from working together. "No compromise"...? I thought that was one of the premises of our governmental design. And I'm pretty sure that religious faith doesn't have a lot to do with it.
Apologies to the OP and administration... this is totally off subject.

You definitely are entitled to your opinion. Don't forget that most on the "other side" are young or have been indoctrinated to believe policy that is totally against the original intent of our constitution & country. We can love our family and fellow countrymen but we must not bend from the faith-based principles of our founding fathers or doom to our nation is imminent.

Until we get back to the God-fearing nation we had in the 50s & 60s we can do nothing but call things like we see them, "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck" it is a duck. Scammers are crooks and likewise "the left" bent on destroying our country as it once was are also. Good day sir.

And you're entitled to yours.

But know this:
I am "young" (compared to most of you)

I am a millennial.

I grew up both in and out of church

I grew up poor, kraft Mac n cheese and hotdogs were a fancy meal

I worked for everything I have

I know the feeling of being hungry

I know the value of social assistance programs first hand

Maybe this is why I'm able to understand and be empathetic instead of apathetic?

Be realistic, our country will never go back to what it was in the 50's and 60's the lack of foresight of most (not all) of that generation has left my generation, and the ones following it, in the mess that it's currently in. Boomers like to complain that people are living off welfare and food stamps, that thievery is rampant. A little forethought in the 50s or 60s could have prevented this.
If people could make a living wage, don't you think they'd be less likely to steal? Don't you think that the need for the welfare programs would be reduced? Don't you think that homelessness wouldnt be rampant?

You want to complain about younger generations, but do you want to help with the issues they're having.

I agree we need to have elements of the 50s and 60s return - living wages being offered to workers, families being able to purchase a house for the family on one income, pensions for workers as an expected resource for working Americans. But which side is keeping that from happening? The "right" or the "left"? The answer is pretty obvious.

Sorry for the thread jacking... The "no compromise" view really grates on me. The world is constantly changing, and we need to change with it.

/threadjack

Sorry for the thread jacking... The "no compromise" view really grates on me. The world is constantly changing, and we need to change with it.

/threadjack
I deleted my other posts. You guys are right, if you feel dishonesty is justifiable in some way then my ears are wide open.
Good luck with your foresight, my time on earth is almost over, it's been a good ride for the most part. I raised my 5 kids put them through schools & colleges. Taught them hard work and honesty. Lived on near minimum wage the whole time. No government assistance. Built & paid for 4 houses, never had a mortgage. Worked for over 50 years and we ate a lot of macaroni as kids with no cheese or hotdogs.
You can only make as much out of your life as what you put into it. If you want some one else to think for you and tell you how to speak you are definitely on the right track.
At retirement with 5-1/2 years of college I was making double that of high school kids working at McDonalds! You guys defending dishonesty & the far left are preaching to the wrong choir. God bless you.

'THE RICH DONT STEAL'
gee.....maybe Clintons should read that one.....and Biden's..and NObama.....and the rest of the democratic party caught in laundering federal monies through Ukraine......
And the 2016 election....
this is the kind of mis-information and rumor that Mr. Trump and his dis-information mill provides for his followers to spread. No facts here...

Getting back to the original point of this post, individuals like the person whose actions brought about this thread have a special place in hell reserved for them. As a newer member, I've gone out of my way to be involved in discussions that I've certainly learned more than I've shared. The benefits of this include learning a great deal AND being able to participate in the Classifieds. As a seller/buyer on other forums, having a phone conversation is a must for me. Outrageous asks (ie "you send me the item and I'll try it out before I pay") are a quick path to no. Real shame that people like this make it tough on everyone else who is trying to do the right thing for other shooters.

PS - my all time favorite is the person who ask me to cash their paycheck for them and keep a portion for my troubles...

I'm in total agreement with you.

My issue is with the post that I quoted. There's no resean to bring politics into this thread, and even less reason to say that theivery is typical of a "leftist". I lean to right on the overwhelming majority of topics, but I'm neither blind, nor stupid. Im certainly not a "party above all else" kind of person. In politics there is never a "perfect" candidate. Politicians are human, they are never perfect. I've given up the hope of even finding a good candidate for anything other than local positions. There is only the lesser of two evils most of the time.

And the "typical leftist" comment? I know a couple of "leftists" that would put most of you to shame with both their vocal and monitary support of pro 2A actions. If the average big city person (the majority of those that are democrats ie: "leftists" know more about firearms and their safety, maybe theyd be less afraid of them and more willing to both own and support them. Fear is the big problem, not political leaning. But when there are so many voices simply condemning them for what they belive and think, how are they supposed to feel comfortable learning and discovering the thing that we (everyone on this forum) enjoy so much? All this exclusion and intolerance of "them" is causing fear and intolerance of "us" and the U.S. is slowly moving more and more to the left with regard to the second amendment. If we truly want to preserve our right to keep and bear arms, we need to stop this. Instead of it being "us" vs "them" we need to unify as much as possible. "Us" vs "them" just makes the problem worse.

I have several friends that had a fear of firearms in general, but after talking to them about it, showing them how to properly handle them, and taking them to the range with me, no longer have that fear and understand the use and desire to own them. Some still won't own them, and some shoot more than me lol. But none of them are afraid of them now ,and that's what "we" need.

If I can make a small difference like that, with a life so busy that I can barely find time go to the range for myself, how much more could happen if everyone on here did it? But for that to happen, "we" would have to stop thinking of this in terms of "us" and "them" and start realizing that "they" are just people too. And people fear what they don't understand.
Straight talk!

I had a guy on eBay asking about a muzzle break claiming he had cancer and lowballed me. Not sure if it's legit

My issue is with the post that I quoted. There's no resean to bring politics into this thread, and even less reason to say that theivery is typical of a "leftist". I lean to right on the overwhelming majority of topics, but I'm neither blind, nor stupid. Im certainly not a "party above all else" kind of person. In politics there is never a "perfect" candidate. Politicians are human, they are never perfect. I've given up the hope of even finding a good candidate for anything other than local positions. There is only the lesser of two evils most of the time.

And the "typical leftist" comment? I know a couple of "leftists" that would put most of you to shame with both their vocal and monitary support of pro 2A actions. If the average big city person (the majority of those that are democrats ie: "leftists" know more about firearms and their safety, maybe theyd be less afraid of them and more willing to both own and support them. Fear is the big problem, not political leaning. But when there are so many voices simply condemning them for what they belive and think, how are they supposed to feel comfortable learning and discovering the thing that we (everyone on this forum) enjoy so much? All this exclusion and intolerance of "them" is causing fear and intolerance of "us" and the U.S. is slowly moving more and more to the left with regard to the second amendment. If we truly want to preserve our right to keep and bear arms, we need to stop this. Instead of it being "us" vs "them" we need to unify as much as possible. "Us" vs "them" just makes the problem worse.

I have several friends that had a fear of firearms in general, but after talking to them about it, showing them how to properly handle them, and taking them to the range with me, no longer have that fear and understand the use and desire to own them. Some still won't own them, and some shoot more than me lol. But none of them are afraid of them now ,and that's what "we" need.

If I can make a small difference like that, with a life so busy that I can barely find time go to the range for myself, how much more could happen if everyone on here did it? But for that to happen, "we" would have to stop thinking of this in terms of "us" and "them" and start realizing that "they" are just people too. And people fear what they don't understand.
[

"I know a couple of "leftists" that would put most of you to shame with both their vocal and monitary support of pro 2A actions." How could these people be leftist if they are directly supporting the 2nd amendment when the left wingers very much oppose the rights of citizens to "keep and near arms" ? I'm confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts