Bushnell XRS II

dennisinaz

I switched a barrel out on my 6.5-284 that I'm taking to Mexico in a couple of weeks today. While I was at it I replaced the Nightforce ATAC-R 5-25 with a new XRS II 4.5-30. I bore sighted it at home, hurried to the range and sighted it in. First round was .3mils low, perfect left to right. I clicked it where I wanted and my next few shots made a nice .25 MOA group at 200 yards. To my eyes the XRS II seems to have even better glass than the ATAC-R. Razor sharp reticle and target. I could read the fine print on the target it seemed.

I'm hoping to take it to at least 500 tomorrow and see if it dials correctly. Initial impressions are very good.

15781001437627215166696666484837.jpg

I've got the same one except in the illuminated version. It is indeed one heck of a scope. I thought I would sell it or trade for something lighter, but I changed my mind. I just couldn't think of anything I'd rather have.

I ended up with this as a replacement for a an Elite 6500 that crashed. I couldn't talk them into illumination.

This has proven to be an amazingly good scope. I think it is clearer than the ATAC-R. I have shot it out to 815 yards and the reticle movement has been spot on. I shot a 3/4" 3-shot group this week at 500 meters off a bipod and used the reticle to hold .2 Mils for wind. I am impressed so far.

Im trying to post the last group i shot from my phone.

Attachments

• 20200111_103021.jpg
    20200111_103021.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
I had an XTR but the seemed a little dark, not as bright as my Vortex and eye box wasn't very good so I ended up returning it. It tracked great and clicks were positive.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.