burris scope question

fishingdude7

hey, i just recently got a burris ff II 4.5x14 and i am wondering how the adjustment turrents should feel. What I guess I mean is, when i turn them one way (putting a coin in the slot or something), they click fine and you can feel each click, but the other way they dont really click and its hard to tell how far they go, they just kinda glide from one to the other. I'm wondering if this is normal. I assume i dont have the posi-lock thing cuz theres no thing sticking out by the turrets. So, just wondering if this is normal, cuz when i took it out I messed with it, and then in order to figure out where the center was I turned it all the way one direction, counted all the way back, and went half in betweent but that was really hard to do cuz going one way counting was kinda like guesswork. SO, just wondering if this is normal or if others have experienced this. Thanks a ton.

fishingdude7,
I would take or send it back where you got it from and look for scope from another maker! Their lifetime warranties are not free. I'm not impressed with their phone personal either. Very rude and condiscending.

I've had no problem with the Burris service dept. They have always been speedy, and I've never been charged. It would be interesting to hear if others have had a different experience???

Its a common problem certainly with the Signature series, every one i have seen and used that has had a little use has had minimal felt clicks at best. I dont have a problem with this, they still track ok and clicks will not affect the dialing in any way whatsoever, so who cares.
Turrets will have markings like any other scope and should be set to 0 when zeroed.

1 Burris scope sent back 3 times to Burris still is screwed up. Bought 2 other $600.00 scopes from Burris were screwed up out of the box. Here is the Burris warranty as I see it just keep sending it back to Burris until you have spent $100.00 of dollars in shipping and insurance fees until you just give up. How's that for a Burris warranty.
I have worn out the screws and threads in my scope rings taking 1 scope off so many times to send it back to Burris.

Mike

Blueboat, Man - you have had had it bad.

Two FF2 scopes - onto .375hh - no problems with either maintaing zero or image clarity/resolution.

Im happy.

Rgds Ian

I owned a fulfield 4.5X14 with ballistic flex reticle and I haven't really work on the dial since I relied mostly on the reticle for targeting. It is mounted on my 243 Sako Forrester and it is dead on all the way to 500 yards using the stadia. I do have the old Signature 8.5X32 with 1/8 click dial mounted on my 6MM Remington. I used them extensively for varmint work and it is very accurate. The drawback though is the audible. It's not as pronounce as Leupold but it tracks very well. Overall they are excellent scope for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.