Burris 30mm XTR Signature Rings. . .question.

STEEL SLINGER

Could someone please tell me how Burris measures their ring height? On their website they list Medium @ 1.0", High @ 1.25" and Extra High @ 1.5". Where are they measuring from? ? ? I've always measured from the belly of the ring to where the base rides on the mount and have never used a ring that has 1"+ of material in that area!

I'm thinking of ordering these rings and I want my scope bell as close to my barrel without touching it as possible. This is on a Remmy 700 with a Valdada Picatinny 0 MOA mount that is approximately .400" tall. Suggestions for which ring height I need or tell me how Burris governs their measurements would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU​

*They measure from the center of the scope to the top of the base mount

Thanks for the reply SHOOTER. So, you're saying if I take the top portion of the ring off and put a straight edge on it and measure downward, that I will come up with the best measurement height for my particular scope? I will play with several rings I have and see what comes close for me then compare it to Burris. Thanks again.

Man I feel your pain. Burris doesn't seem to have any continuity as far as what is "medium", etc. I have a set of the 1" tube, 1" high rings for a Browning Abolt & a 52mm objective scope. I'm pretty sure they will work but my barreled action is still at McMillan for fitting. Basically if you were to run a straight edge resting on top of your rail, all the way forward to where the objective will sit, you will have 1" to the top of the lower ring half. 0MOA insert gives me pretty close to .5" to the bottom of the scope tube.
Hope this helps & you'll love these rings. They are a work of art and LIGHT! They come in a pelican type case with all the inserts you need to go from 0-40MOA.

Thanks for all the info guys, that is just what I was looking for. I'm mounting a 50mm Leupold VX-6 on a Valdada 0 MOA base and from what you've told me the MED/1.0" 30mm rings will fit the bill. Happy Friday and have a great weekend. . .thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.