Newbie question Burris Signature Rings

whiskey3

I hope this is the right forum.
I have burris signature rings and want the the 20 MOA offset. I think I am over analyzing this but I installed the +10 on the bottom of the rear ring with -10 on top. I also put the -10 on the bottom of front ring and the + 10 on the top. Is this correct?

Yes, but realize that due to a number of factors including the rifle and the actual bases you use, you might not be getting 20 actual MOA. In fact, Burris says on their site that you can't count on it.

What rifle and bases? I've had to use the 20s to get the adjustment I preferred for some rifles.

Thanks for the info. It is on a savage model 112 6.5x284 with leupold 2 piece dovetail bases. The scope is a leupold MK IV. I am considering getting a 20 MOA rail for it.

Noted.

You can always go to the 20/20 rings if you need to. Easiest thing to do is to see what the distance is between where the scope looks at 100 yards (if it's been optically centered) and where the barrel points, then figure out about how much you gain with a swap. I use a laser boresighter when doing this. You might find that they're off enough with "zero" size inserts that you want to use more than the 10/10s.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.