bullet stability

drpbroun5

How do I tell for certain if a bullet is stable or not? I am starting to work up a load for my 300 Win Mag. It has a fairly slow twist at 1 in 10 3/4". I'm told by the custom rifle maker that it will stablize a bullet up to and including a 215gr Berger. I know Bryan Litz's recommendation. I have loaded one ladder test done at 100 yards in the tagget at 100 yards were round.with H1000 from 75.0gr to 80.5gr in 0.5 increments with one round per charge. I only found one node that was +/-0.5gr. All of the holes at 100 yards were round. Since all of them were round, I think that the bullet is stable inspite of it being a marginal twist rate. Am I thinking correctly? I greatly appreciate your thoughts.
Thank you.
Paul

I goofed!

Between the time I typed this question and when I posted it, a gremlin got into this post. I do not know how to delete it. I re-posted a corrected one the is later than this one. Please disregard this post and look at the better one Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.