Bullet concentricity with Berger Hybrids

I'm not a gun Smith so I don't know what is considered improper but most try for the least amount of variance possible with there equipment but yes a crooked chamber will induce run out I have heard that you can't get better than the chamber with your reloads I'm sure some one with more experience will chime in. I have been lucky and not had a chamber be off more than .0005 that I know of ( didn't have a way to check until last year) and I honestly don't know at what point it makes a difference when it comes to group size there are so many variables that I try to eliminate as many as I can before I ever squeeze a trigger

If it were me, I'd look at powder charge. Inconsistent performance generally means that you're not in an accuracy node. The 5/8" group you got was most likely a fluke and probably would have kicked out a flier if shooting more than a three shot group.

With this combo, the low node is generally around 75 grains and the high node is generally around 77 grains.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts