Bullet coating with hex boron nitride

dickens

I would like to ask if any one has a opinion on the use of HBN Hexagonal Boron Nitride.I have tried the moly coated bullets and don't like the clean up and fowling.A long time shooter said to try HBN it was cleaner and gave him a better grouping.Thanks

I used 115 gr 6mm DTAC's in my 6mm and didn't notice any ill results of any kind,I/m pretty sure that was the coating used on them.I think superior shooting products sell them if you care to check them out.

an opinion, boron is extremely hard. If you could get it to adhere to a bullet, 1. would it be in a natural state, 2. ionic state, 3 blasted into the bullet case. I have worked with Boron for several years. It is difficult to work with. My experience has been to get it in the ionic form with a electrically charged carrier and dip it in the solution. Then it is in the smallest size possible with no other chemicals to get in the way.

thinking another way, hard bullet vs. soft barrel who wins. or hard bullet vs hard barrel surface = velocity and less wear, possibly greater accuracy due to lack of vibration harmonics in the barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts