Hex boron nitride and nickel plated bullets (trophy bonded tip)

Calvin45

Hey all, just wanted to see if anyone has tried coating/treating the federal trophy bonded tip, which is nickel plated, with the hexagonal boron nitiride (hbn) powder many treat their bullets and barrels with (myself included). Does nickel "receive" the powder differently? Is this a bad, even dangerous idea for some reason? Will this affect the barrel in some new way?

I guess my question would be why? I coat target bullets in small cases, but never would for a hunting round. What happens when you hunt in moisture? Also doesn't the nickel plating lower resistance down the bore anyway?

I guess my question would be why? I coat target bullets in small cases, but never would for a hunting round. What happens when you hunt in moisture? Also doesn't the nickel plating lower resistance down the bore anyway?
If I need a "why" it's just that all the projectiles I run down this particular pipe are hbn coated and I like to keep things consistent. That and I've already coated the bullets before wondering if it was unwise…this happens in life, wondering after we've done something if it was a good idea or not. My question is specifically about whether or not anyone knows anything about hbn and nickel and how they interact compared to copper or gilding metal, not whether or not hunting ammo should be hbn treated. I've used hbn rounds hunting last year, in both fall and winter, taking them in and out of way below freezing weather, absolutely no issues with moisture whatsoever…hbn is not remotely the same as moly.