Building 7lrm need reloading data

win270wsm

I am currently in the middle of building a 7lrm on a savage action. was wanting some load data of anyone out there shooting this cartridge. thanks in advance.

I would start with Berger 180 Hybrids and work up from 67-68 grains of H1000.

I ended up at around 71.0 grains. Barrel sped up a bit as it broke in. Everything shot well through mine.

Enjoy.

Just had one built. Used a reamer from gunwerks. Talked to Arron Davidson before I started load developement and he said the throat was designed for the 180 berger hybrids. If you want to shoot the 180 bergrer vld's you will see pressure signes sooner. He also said that the there have been some that have had good luck with the 168 vld's and retumbo. I started my developement at 68gr of H-1000 and settled on 71.5gr shooting in the low .4's. Started with the bullet .015 off of the lands and am now playing with seating depth to try to tighten it up. I shot up to 73gr with no pressure signes but at 72 grains my group was all of a sudden 3/4 minute low. Guess I hit a node at 72gr. Gunwerks load is 72gr H-1000, CCI 250 primer, (would like to find some Federal 215's also) and the 180 Berger hybrid. Good Luck.

Mine settled in at 70 gr H1000, 180 grain VLD Hunting, CCI250, COAL of 3.37".

3,015 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.