• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Build Components (Defiance Action and bottom metal, Bartlein barrel, Altera Arms stock)

Brianc74

I just got to busy, work and family. I'm just not going to have time to build this rifle this summer. Just won't have time for Barrel break in and setup to use this year. So this is a great opportunity for some body to build without having to wait for components. All components are brand new. Here is what is for sale. Will only sell all together.
1. Defiance Rukus action XM length, BDL, Magnum boltface, Nitrited
2. Bartlein ss barrel in #3 Contour, 1-10 twist, 5R, 308 caliber
3. Defiance XM length BDL bottom metal with box, spring and follower
4. Alter Arms Carbon stock inletted for Defiance XM action and bdl bottom metal and a barrel Contour a #3b. Stock is a 13 3/4" LOP, has flush cup on bottom of the front forearm and Left side behind the cheek weld before the recoil pad.
Will sell all for $2900 plus shipping to your rifle builder or FFL.

Brian
image.jpg

Last edited:
I can also send the stuff up to Karl Kempfeld. Karl has a fast turn around, usually like 3 weeks or less. To have the rifle put together in your desired caliber and ship you a completed rifle.

Brian

Only way I will split up the package, is if I have buyers for everything.
Priced at what I paid, but no waiting.
Barrel $399
Action $1365
Stock $809
Bottom metal $308

All are plus shipping

Brian

Stock barrel channel can be opened up to accommodate a Bartlein #4Carbon barrel.
Have had 5 guys say they will take the action, but don't need the bottom metal as they already have Remington bottom metal. Other bottom metals will not work on a XM action. A XM action has its own action screw length. Screw hole to screw hole length is 6 3/4". This bottom metal I have is specifically made for this action.

All is still available.

Brian

Last edited:
Last bump. I will be sending this stuff out to be built and chambered in 300 max next Tuesday.

Brian

Not Brian, it should be fine. I recommend taking advantage of the extra room you have with the XM action. If you shoot long heavies consider making dummy rounds and having it custom throated for your fav bullet. I did 2 6.5 PRC s that way on XM actions and get performance beyond expectations with the Berger 156s. I can load correctly where others building on SA have to bury bullet bearing area in case losing efficiency of the round.