• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Brownell's Small Rifle Benchrest Primers

i am glad i took one of the OP tips earlier and got primers this is a $25.00 increase in 30 days.

did you see reloading internationals price on 215m today that makes these look like cheap

CCI Bench rest SMR are $50 more than the CCI Regular Small Rifle per brick. I know that CCI charges more for BR. CCI claims that they do more QC with BR Primers/ Can't understand why it is 175% more cost.
WHY????????????

Wow, i thought it was bad when Midway had LR BR for $99 a couple weeks ago.... Guess Potterfield came through on that one, lol.

You can keep em, Brownells....

Brownells is pretty much an awesome well run business, always ,no regrets dealing with those guys. Now, CCI large rifle benchrest primers, those work well if ya like a tight group.They are up to 12 cents each, so a guy's got a skip a cup a Starbucks coffee to shoot 4- five shot groups, 20 rounds. Guess that still a bargain to my way of thinkN, will still buy em from those ol boys in Montezuma , Iowa USA, they're the best

Brownells is pretty much an awesome well run business, always ,no regrets dealing with those guys. Now, CCI large rifle benchrest primers, those work well if ya like a tight group.They are up to 12 cents each, so a guy's got a skip a cup a Starbucks coffee to shoot 4- five shot groups, 20 rounds. Guess that still a bargain to my way of thinkN, will still buy em from those ol boys in Montezuma , Iowa USA, they're the best
Don't get me wrong, I've done a TON of business with Brownells. I like how they operate, but a $25 gouge is a $25 gouge, good sir. It's ok to call it how it is, even when it's an otherwise great business…

Are there any retailers that are actually here for us, I think not.
i think folks misunderstood my complaint about $125. I actually wished that companies would have raised prices to $500 per 1000. I'd much rather see supply lines backfill until suppliers lower prices to start supply rolling again.

Holding prices low has kept supply lines empty increasing production costs, shipping costs and retail costs for an extended period. This will cause an extended desire to hold costs high to recoup these higher real costs.

So, me and a few others saying "no way" to $125 is a market & price stabilizing factor. Good!

Not really blaming the retailers, but I shoot CCI BR2 & BR4 exclusively and get great results. BR2 & BR$s were $44 four years ago. Now they are $125. I realize that some manufactures and retailers are taking advantage of the whole powder/primer shortage, but why charge Gun Broker prices? 300% increase from major retailers and CCI in four years???
I'll just shoot the BRs I still have and the Federal Match, when I run out I will use the CCI 400, 450 & 41s that are stored away. Can't really see any light at the end of the tunnel anymore. I should have spent the $99 from Larry, but only one brick at a time $99 + $20 Haz + $9 Tax. Couldn't see $130 for a brick from Midway.
Now $20 more a brick from:
Brownells (2) bricks $297.38 = $149 a brick.

Order Summary

Item Subtotal:
$249.98​
3-5 Business Days Ground ($9.95)
Est Arrival: TUE, 10/19/2021
$9.95​
Estimated Tax:
$17.50​
Handling Charge(s):
$19.95​
Coupon/Promo Code:
Enter Code

Order Total:
$297.38​

Hilarious!! Steel was $700 per ton for new hot rolled prior to the pandemic.Now new hot rolled steel is above $1,800 per ton. Just think of those Benchrest primers as precious metal nowadays, very much worth 12 cents each. Brownells has a limit of 2 large and 2 small, CCI Benchrest primers, so ya git a chance if ya want em, that's all. Could you imagine how much fuel yud burn driving around looking for some outfit that had those on the shelf for oh say $75 per 1,000. Don't forget to add the fuel charge to the $75 plus tax. JustsayN, best quality primers that work, still worth 12 cents per for the good stuff.

Local shop had the for 10.99$+tax today for 100. Walked past them and wasn't concerned if they had a limit…

Yeah , thinkN they've probably been payN a bit of overtime pay at the CCI factory so they can try to meet demands. Just gonna give em a nickel more per shot, til they get caught up.that's a quarter on a 5-shot group, still have a few . Wanna keep the lights on for them Idaho guys at the CCI plant so they don't quit making that Benchrest grade stuff. Hang in there, price should drop sooner or later, then ya can git more, at your price point.

Just saw some Federal 215 M Gold match primers large mag rifle, but I am not even going to post them. They were $250.00
And it wasn't on gunbroker though the outfit may sell there too.

I think you can expect to pay $65 to $90 range for regular primers small rifle and large rifle/Large rifle Mag.

Special match or benchrest primers are gonna be over $100. Military spec probably a little premium too.

As long as we have fuel over $3.25 per gallon and inflation in metals and commodities, and services, and there are no people who want to work, or the government mandates vaccines and the workers get fired, there are gonna be higher prices as the new normal
until we change regimes, in 3 -5 years. This govt. is hostile to fossil fuels, hostile to hard work, wants everyone on welfare, and
its gonna affect manufacturing and product availability. Change is 3-5 years away ----MAYBE?

You better get ready for some chaos at the grocery, and all around. SW Airlines can't put planes in the air right now because
no one will come to work under a vaccine mandate from corporations and the govt.

The military has gathering lawsuits against vaccine mandates it is forcing on servicemen and women too right now.
Times are crazy. Fuel, transportation, copper, steel, chemicals (made from petr. derivatives), powder, primers, bullets, brass,
its all getting more expensive. Policies matter!

You can pay now, or you can pay later, or you can stay at the house, but I don't see it getting better for 3-5 years. That's just my own
opinion for what its worth.

Attachments

• Fossil Fuels Protester Before-After.jpg
    Fossil Fuels Protester Before-After.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 35

Recent Posts