Broke my buddy's Remote 770 trigger! Please Help!

Arctic Cowboy

So yeah, I was rushing the disassembly on my buddy's Rem770 and clipped the trigger on the stock as I pulled it apart. apparently this was enough force to snap the trigger in half midway down the curve. For the life of me I can't find a replacement 770 trigger (yes I know, he should buy a reminder 700 or savage or whatever), so my question is; are the 770 and 700 triggers interchangeable? really don't want to buy him a new rifle over such a simple part. thanks guys.

So yeah, I was rushing the disassembly on my buddy's Rem770 and clipped the trigger on the stock as I pulled it apart. apparently this was enough force to snap the trigger in half midway down the curve. For the life of me I can't find a replacement 770 trigger (yes I know, he should buy a reminder 700 or savage or whatever), so my question is; are the 770 and 700 triggers interchangeable? really don't want to buy him a new rifle over such a simple part. thanks guys.

Just a thought but it might be worth going via warranty route (the worst thing they'll say is no) for trigger replacement ... and once the trigger is replaced, sell it.

Just a thought but it might be worth going via warranty route (the worst thing they'll say is no) for trigger replacement ... and once the trigger is replaced, sell it.

Yes, if you can replace the trigger sell it ASAP!

Well I called Remington and Timney, looks like my fears were justified. The 770 is just so cheap nobody has replacement parts for it, which makes sense seeing as the part costs are more than the whole rifle. And after the Remington tech stopped laughing at me about a warranty replacement since the rifle is almost 7 years old I was able to get ahold of a company called Paducah Shooting Supply that sells the rear trigger assembly. If it was my rifle I'd just replace it, well actually I would have never bought it to begin with, but it's not mine and unfortunately I wasn't able to talk him into selling it, and because I broke it I'm gonna fix it, regardless of how low the cost/benifit is. Moral of the story is cheap stuff is just as pricy to repair as the expensive stuff, so suck it up and buy right the first time...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.