Brand new Lapua brass

And my apologies to you for the misunderstanding/misinterpretation. I think I know what to do but just not quite sure when to do it I guess. I know I am quite new to this site and I do value all the opinions and help you fellas have to offer. I just ask a question and look for a common theme in the answer and go with that.

I have already made on mistake in my long range build by using a 10 twist rather than 8 so I am really trying hard not to make any more. Maybe having asked a few more questions rather that getting all excited and just started ordering parts, I might not have done that.

anyway, thanks for the clarification and a great day to all of you fellas,

Jamie:)

jaybic, my response was more towards the Hunter2678 notion of replacing basic reloading with cutting checks. This doesn't actually work well.
You'll need to prep your your brass and fireform to improved cartridge regardless of brass brand.

I was not trying to offend your questioning.
Just don't want you to walk away thinking that preps shouldn't be done based on brass brand alone.

Never had I needed to worry about uniforming flash holes or primer pockets on any of my 6.5x284, 6br or 6.5x47 Lapua brass. If you feel the need to, go right ahead as its your precious time not mine. I just clean them out before each reload and go from there. Will there come a time where I might need to, maybe, but for the thousands of pieces I've used so far, no need as they've all been perfect after my frequent & random checks.. Now if its referring to WW 284 win brass then yes the flash holes usually need deburred among other things. However the topic of the thread is Lapua brass. In either case implying that I skip/ignore other steps such as expanding necks, trimming, chamferring, turning, FL resizing etc, is just flat out wrong and not true.. Don't know how you got to that impression. If you want to assume I haphazardly just throw my reloads together then you should probably stop assuming so much.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.