brake ?

bvb2508

i am currently building a 338 rum on a savage 110 action. My question is if i order my barrel with a brake will they be able to install it(guess it close enough ) or will i have to install the barrel and then mark it and send it back to have the brake installed.I am having mcgowen build my barrel but i will be putting a defensive edge brake on it. Thanks for your replys.

I'd almost guarantee they can install the brake for you if you send it to them. You might even have it shipped directly to them. They thread barrels and install their own brakes, so no reason they couldn't install DE's version. Call and see how they'd like it done.

You will need to install the barrel and mark the top then send it back to them. The defensive edge brakes need to be indexed.
Nomad had a great point, give them a call and see how they want to handle it. Not their first trip around the block, I'm sure they can help you out. They may even install the barrel for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.