Brake Question

tred1956

Have a Contender 6mmBullberry IMP full bull pistol barrel. Am wanting to eliminate as much of recoil as possible. What type and brand of muzzle brake do I need? Never been much of a brake guy but thought I would give it a try. Want to use a rifle scope. Who would you recommend doing the installation? What would be an appropriate cost? All input appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Doug

Any of your solid bottom brakes like Harrell's, on up in quality will work fine.
Couple of Harrell's that Chris Rhodes installed. Chris is now retired.
Top is rear grip 6.5 Creed and bottom is a center-grip 6 Creed.
My favorite muzzle brake is a Holland's, but for the size of cartridge you are using these other brakes will do just fine

65 creed rear grip.jpg

center grip 6 creed XP100.jpg

6.5x47 Lapua with Holland's Radial baffle brake.
@tred1956 Your 6mm will have less recoil than the 6.5 if your pistol weight was the same, just because of lighter bullets.
Since your pistol is probably lighter than the Black Widow, it should be about the same. Recoil is not going to be a issue.

6.5x47 Lapua with Holland's Radial baffle brake.
@tred1956 Your 6mm will have less recoil than the 6.5 if your pistol weight was the same, just because of lighter bullets.
Since your pistol is probably lighter than the Black Widow, it should be about the same. Recoil is not going to be a issue.

Thanks Ernie. that is the kind of info I am looking for. Video was really helpful.
Doug

I'd look at the micro bastard brake. In retirement I started using these over the hollands. I think they work better…..and I used hollands by the bucket full when doing customer builds.

The micro should match or be very close to your tc barrel dia.

Who to put it on???? Good question, most don't want to work on TC barrels.

Attachments

• IMG_0229.jpeg
    IMG_0229.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
First let me say thanks for all the input. I finally decided what brake. Went with the GEN 3 Little Bastard (APAs recommendation). Was intrigued by the top port adjustment to help stay on target after shot. It arrived Thursday and departed Thursday as well. It is now on its way to Troy at BullBerry for barrel threading and installation. Also having barrel bead blasted and matte finished as well as two holes added to accommodate six-hole BB scope base. Will post pictures after final assembly with range report. Again, thanks to all.
Safe Shooting
Doug

First let me say thanks for all the input. I finally decided what brake. Went with the GEN 3 Little Bastard (APAs recommendation). Was intrigued by the top port adjustment to help stay on target after shot. It arrived Thursday and departed Thursday as well. It is now on its way to Troy at BullBerry for barrel threading and installation. Also having barrel bead blasted and matte finished as well as two holes added to accommodate six-hole BB scope base. Will post pictures after final assembly with range report. Again, thanks to all.
Safe Shooting
Doug
I just put one on a rifle last week. Hard to believe how well it works until you shoot with one. Good choice.