Brain freeze!

jasonco

Just when you think you're getting to know, live and experience the actual real world of ballistics, some new information comes to be?! Not that big of a surprise, as I experienced this with my 6mm Creedmoor and 110SMK, with a 1041 yard firing solution being of almost about 1 MIL vertical? When I went to the truing function and the corrected velocity was over 3226 FPS, with a measured avg velocity of 3053 FPS inputted. Which meant to me, Sierra's published BC was way too conservative (or just wrong).
I did a velocity load check yesterday and both my Magneto Speed Sporters show same velocity.

There is a noticeable change in group size, improvement, after 500yds and I always wondered if the muzzle brake, has an affect on bullet dynamics, could be?

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/06/30/personalized-drag-models-the-final-frontier-in-ballistics/

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.