Boulder Basin Outifitters reviews?

Anyone have any past experience with this outfitter located in Cody Wyoming? Looking to do an archery hunt with them.

Thanks in advance.

I hunted with them in 2014. I have no complaints. Carl and his crew are top notch. I guess it depends on your idea of a hunting trip. If you can handle a back country type hunt with a wall tent and cot, you'll enjoy it. It'll be on horse back. Both getting to his base camp and getting up the mountain every day. I would hire BBO again without hesitation. He knows the country very well and the elk patterns. He led me to lots of elk and lots of bulls. I took a 352" bull with him on the late rifle hunt.

I did talk with him at length about the early archery hunt. He indicated that occasionally they take a 330-350 bull on that hunt but it's rare. A 300 class bull is more common and on the bigger side of what they typically take. I'm not sure what you're expectations are for a bull but they'll offer you a top end experience. He has great horses and mules too.

When you say "late hunt" what time of year was that?

How many points did you have to draw that tag?

Thanks

1: November during the migration out of Yellowstone Park.

2: Max points. Don't remember what that was in 2014.

Exactly what I wanted to know. I've been looking at going with either him or Bob Sundeen and hoping to draw that same tag in a year or 2.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.