Bottom Metal Suggestion

quigley257

Greetings. I'm getting ready to build a rifle in 300 PRC. I will be using it primarily for shooting steel off a bench as it will be too heavy for most other purposes. I have an H-S Precision PST036 stock that I want to use for the build. My question is which bottom metal will support this longer cartridge with an OAL of 3.840" or longer? I plan on using the 250gr Hornady A-Tips and want to maximize available case capacity. The H-S stock will accept most Remington pattern bottoms and could be inlet if needed. Thanks for your time!!

Help me out. What's out there for good bottom metal for longer length cartridges?
You wanting detach mags or bdl setup? Honestly the loss of velocity of a 250gr bullet in a case that has 94gr capacity, will make ballistics worse than say a 215 of 230gr bullet pushed 150-200 fps faster. A warmer 198 flatline has a very high BC and can run fast, making it a lot flatter than a 250 that's 300fps slower.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.