Bottom metal piece not staying put

TX mountain hunter

I picked up a light weight 300 PRC from another member on here a while back. It had many custom parts, but was never bedded. I love the rifle as it shoots 1/4 MOA, however at times this metal piece will pop out of place to where it will not feed, essentially acting as a single shot rifle which is less than ideal hunting, especially in bear country.

Any thoughts on DIY fixes to make this piece stop popping out of place? What is the name for this Specific piece of the bottom metal?

Attachments

• IMG_5031.jpeg
    IMG_5031.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 89
I picked up a light weight 300 PRC from another member on here a while back. It had many custom parts, but was never bedded. I love the rifle as it shoots 1/4 MOA, however at times this metal piece will pop out of place to where it will not feed, essentially acting as a single shot rifle which is less than ideal hunting, especially in bear country.

Any thoughts on DIY fixes to make this piece stop popping out of place? What is the name for this Specific piece of the bottom metal?
Magazine box

I've always thought it should float ever so slightly but apparently you have too much room. It basically is clamped between the bottom metal and the action.

I've always thought it should float ever so slightly but apparently you have too much room. It basically is clamped between the bottom metal and the action.
I've tried wedging some material in between but it looks cruddy and I haven't tested it yet.
1702676747789.jpeg

82.5 gr of N570 with a 245 EOL rattling around that 6.2 lb rifle probably doesn't help.

Attachments

• IMG_5032.jpeg
    IMG_5032.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Look up what wedgy provided maybe an extended length magazine box would solve your problem and allow you to load longer cartridge overall length if necessary. Time to break out the calipers and do a little measuring.

Look up what wedgy provided maybe an extended length magazine box would solve your problem and allow you to load longer cartridge overall length if necessary. Time to break out the calipers and do a little measuring.
Thank you for pointing this out. I don't think I understood what he was getting at.

Take some measurements of the box that you have, and then look at what an extended Wyatt box measures . I am willing to bet that you need an extended Wyatt box. But feel free to Jerry rig.