BORS (Barrett Optical Ranging System)

A guy I know has one. It works on Leupald Mark IV scopes only last time I heard but they were planning on expanding it to a couple other scopes. It is simply a screen that is on top of your scope and it has a turret that fits over the Mark IV turret. The way I understand it, you plug the system into a PDA download your balistic information and the current zero of your scope. Take off the Mark IV turret and replace it with the Bores turret and it will show on the view screen what yardage your currently sighted in for. If your origional zero is 200 yards then it will show 200 on the screen. When you angle your rifle up x number of degrees shooting uphill, it will automatically tell you your zero at that particular angle. WHen you turn your elevation knob on the scope it keeps track of where you are zero'd in at. It does nothing for windage and is around $1600.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.