Bore tech inc.

pg637b

Just a word or two of the superior service from the people at Bore tech. was have a problem with a SigSauer 716 piston with buildup. i tried everything i knew and still no go. i went to the people at Bore Tech and did i get a schooling on how to clean a weapon.i thought i knew how till i went to Bore Tech. trust me i never endorse anything normally by i have to say superior service and knowledge here folks. they made a believer out of me. I plan on their material being on my work bench till my kids take over. i ever you need great customer service and knowledge talk to Jess and Dad truely great people. Can't say enough about Bore Tech Inc.
Deputy P Grumbrecht.

Same folks that make the Bore Tech Eliminator bore solvent? I love their stuff. The solvent SAFELY removes copper from the barrel quickly. After cleaning, you can even leave some in the barrel to protect the bore. I have tried most every solvent, some of which run you out of the house with the strong odor, but none work as well as BTE.

I'm a Bore Tech believer too.

OP - I'm curious as to which product you ended up using to solve your problem?

It was a new copper solvent they have. The problem was a sig sauer 716 piston at the very top was building a copper/carbon ring at the head of the piston and was darn near impossible to remove. Scraping was causing damage to the piston. They soaked it for 10 minutes and one swipe with a qtip and gone.

It was a new copper solvent they have. The problem was a sig sauer 716 piston at the very top was building a copper/carbon ring at the head of the piston and was darn near impossible to remove. Scraping was causing damage to the piston. They soaked it for 10 minutes and one swipe with a qtip and gone.

What is the name of it??
Did they send some to you? Can you post a picture of the bottle it was in?? Sounds like I need some of it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.