Bolt Lugs on new Rem 700 CDL SF

Bwht4x4

I just bought a new Rem 700 CDL SF stainless in 30-06. I wanted to check the bolt lugs and see how much they were locking in the receiver. You can see by the pict below that it appears they are touching the full length of the bolt lugs, but it's a very narrow contact point. Should I be concerned with this and have them lapped or leave them alone? I have not shot it yet.

Attachments

• Doc2.jpg
    Doc2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 110
Looks better than most factory remingtons. I saw shoot it see what happens. or you can put a little JB's in there and lap it yourself. It doesnt take much so do a little and check it.

I just bought a new Rem 700 CDL SF stainless in 30-06. I wanted to check the bolt lugs and see how much they were locking in the receiver. You can see by the pict below that it appears they are touching the full length of the bolt lugs, but it's a very narrow contact point. Should I be concerned with this and have them lapped or leave them alone? I have not shot it yet.

If you can find a head space gauge, check it befor you do any lapping. if it is .003 or more don,t
do anything. if it is les you can lapp it a little but it will break in on it,s owne and have more
contact surface.

The fact that the lugs are marked all the way around is good and it should be fine.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for the help guys. I was going to leave it also, but wanted to see from the experts, because I'm no expert.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.