Bog gear tripods who has them and what is your thoughts?

HuntFarther

Just that I am going to be trying out some of the bog gear tripods. Both the cld-short and the tactical short. What is your thoughts on them if you have used them. Both bad and good. On the flips side if you are tire kicking thinking about them what are you wanting to know. Will be here and want to answer anything that maybe out there left up in the air about these tripods.

I personally want something that is truly long range friendly. Something that will get me down close to the ground one time and next be good and sturdy to get me above sage brush with limited limitations. I personally have used some terrible rests. So I am skeptical of what I may find, but... I have not heard anything bad about these tripods. Lightweight, sturdy, and have ALOT of really kool attachments for them. We will see Christmas will be coming and just in time for hunting season.

Tear this thread up with questions, answers, or even problems. Thanks

I am not sure if the lack of response is because nobody has them or they are just not that good. Not sure what I am missing here. The tracking shows everything will be here tomorrow. Will update after I have them.

I have the large camo-legged BogPod Tripod! I really like the set up and the attachments! They constantly come out with new attachments and gizmos! I honestly have never shot off of it at game, but have used it in the seated position! I more so used mine for my spotting scope and it doubles as a walking stick if you need it! The construction of the tripod is very solid. The only problem I ever had with mine was one of the legs was loose and needed adjusted! I would buy a shorter one to shoot prone with, however, I use my bipod for that! Sorry I know this doesn't answer your question, just experience with the product name!

I have the middle size, goes up to sitting or kneeling, I use it for a rest in brushy areas where if I sit for longer range shots you can't see out of the brush or just sitting shots. mine goes out so that once spotted I can extend and use as walking stick. I have the otics adapter so it also does the use of tripod for my 15 x60 binocs. My buddie made a hurried 340 yd shot on a caribou with mine then went and bought one of his own.

my screws loosen up too so I added the allen or star wrench to my kit.

Idahoorion

I have the short one you can use prone. It works very well and I used it to make a 500 yard shot on a doe antelope. It is a solid easy to use piece of equipment.

Thanks for all the input. I thought I should have mine today but did not happen. Tomorrow is a new day I guess. I have heard a lot of good things on the attachments of the tripods. We will find out soon.

After comparing several brands a few years ago I prefer the Ultrec units. Very similar, but less bulky and therefore less weight. BogPods just have a much larger advertising budget. My next one will be one of their new carbon fiber units, as I inspected them this past year at the SHOT Show and really liked them.

Ultrec Engineered Products, Brookfield, WI, shooting sticks, camo shooting sticks, quick change sticks, hunter sticks, V-bracket, rifle rest, versatile, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I have used one of the Ultrec rests on by Bog Pod. I like it a lot better than any of the add-on's that Bog Pod sells. I may have tried one of the Ultrec units if I had knew about them before spending some money on the Bog Pod, spotting scope adapter, etc. I still love the Bog Pod.

My wife and I both use them. We both like them. It is a little bit of a pain having something else to carry, but it keeps the weight off your rifle too. Also, you still have the flexibility to drop it and rest a cross a fence post or something. I have shot several animals with mine. None really long range, but I like them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.