bipod

bamadawg2009

So Im wanting to get a bipod for my new rifle but not sure what height to get. Ive always used bags for a front and rear rest but want to try a using a bipod this coming year. I looked at midway and have made up my mind on a harris swivel, but will I need a 6-9" or 9-13". I do most of my shooing from a table but do a little prone shooting as well. Midway says the 6-9 is best for table and 9-13 for prone just wondering if anybody else had any opinions before I drop $100 on the wrong thing.

Set up on the bench as per normal and measure forearm and butt height.

Get on the ground and do the same thing. When your forearm and butt height are comfortable, measure that.

Get the bipod that spans those distances and a little more considering grass/bush height in various shooting locations.

HTH

Roy has the best suggestion. Just keep in mind that when measuring the 6, 9, and 13" are the leg length at the angle not straight off the ground.

I think the best all round for bech, prone, and hunting is the 9-13" If most of your shooting is off the bench the 6" setting is nice though.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.