• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Binoculars

Short Case

What is your favorite set of binocular for hunting.
I have a old set of Leupold and looking for new .

Leica Trinovid (not the HD) or Geovid.
I've owned all the good ones except the newest version (way to expensive) of Swaro and Leica and went back to these.
You are going to get a pile of differing opinions……

Leica Trinovid (not the HD) or Geovid.
I've owned all the good ones except the newest version (way to expensive) of Swaro and Leica and went back to these.
You are going to get a pile of differing opinions……
What is your though on power, I was thinking 8x40 10x40 and 10x50

I have been well pleased with my Vortex Razor 10x40s. Had them for 6 years, but I'm not familiar to their current offerings.

Good quality 10x40s are fairly light to carry with a chest pack and give decent long range views and antler judging when used on a tripod. I'd look to be sure your choice has a tripod adapter.

Buy the best you can afford.

Vortex Razor UHD's are really nice and worth the extra over the HD's, if you can afford more then step up to Swarovski.
Swarovski will retain a solid resale value if your worried about that sort of thing.
If you are hard on your gear and expect to damage it at some point Vortex is a good idea then.
I'm not familiar with current Leupold options.

If in and around the woods alot 8x is plenty, 10-12x are great in open terrain.

Not sure of your budget, but I have some vortex viper HD 8x32's made in Japan, very nice glass for the money. Have them listed here:
Viper link

I have 10x42 EL's and 10x42 EL range and I love them both. I just got some of the best Leica 8x42 Noctivid's and they are very nice as well. My opinion on optics, save your money and buy the absolute best. I feel my time is worth too much to sit on stand and not see anything, cause the shooter is not going to walk out center stage.