Big Buck

thocon

It was 6 weeks into season,with only one shooter seen.(wich was on opening morning,first thing a nice 8)So it was getting close to the cutting.Weather had been crazy,65 then 45,well today it was 34 and rain allday.After 6 hours,my hands wear frozen,my glasses looked like the mirriored house at the fair so i was going to the house.As i came off my sweet spot looking to the big field(700 y) there was a doe runing and HIM,she came out about 70 yards,he was runing from the woods to her and back,and fro ect.So i began looking for dry clothes to clean up my scope and my glasses.After that i pulled up and they were still there,back and fro,fro and back.He stopped but my heart didn't,hands froze well i counld't get a shot off that would have hit a truck let alone a buck,All my standing props were to short this year to get a shot across the ditch,with taller trees this year.I couldn't have done anything any different except had a rest.So i chalk that one up to Mother Nature and remember her Well..Tom

Don't feel bad Tom it happens to all that hunt very much.

You made the right choice by not taking an iffy shot and risk wounding
a nice buck.

THAT"s WHY THEY CALL IT HUNTING.

J E CUSTOM

That one will bring you back next year a little wiser, but the buck will be a little wiser too! Sometimes hunts like this are the most memorable!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.