Better Late than Never

Bominiscious

I'm new to the party but think this might be the right fit for me! I've been on several other forums for a while but recently keep getting directed here. I'm new to the long range shooting idea but I've recently set up a semi custom rifle. I kind of fell into it and now I see why guys get hooked.

I was having an older Remington re-barreled and while we were at it I had to Gunsmith do a few extra things and before I knew it I was shooting steel at 500 yards. I know for guys here that is a chip shot but I have never shot past 300 and considered that to be "long range". So now, I am trying to stretch it out to 700. Gonna need a lot of help as I have to friends or hunting partners that do this. Been bow hunting for the last 30 years.

Excited to learn. Excited for a new chapter in my journey. Excited to hit that gong!

Welcome to the forum!

One of the things I really like about LRH is that there is a HUGE variety of experience and knowledge here, and most all are very willing to spread the wealth.

Myself, I got on LRH when my only rifles were a Ruger .270 Win and a Cabelas .54 muzzleloader and I, too, still mostly bowhunt. But hanging with these folks will suck you down the rabbit hole and the next thing you know you'll have a safe full of guns and and a bench full of reloading equipment that you never even knew existed!

Enjoy and, again, welcome!

Ron

Welcome to the forum!

One of the things I really like about LRH is that there is a HUGE variety of experience and knowledge here, and most all are very willing to spread the wealth.

Myself, I got on LRH when my only rifles were a Ruger .270 Win and a Cabelas .54 muzzleloader and I, too, still mostly bowhunt. But hanging with these folks will suck you down the rabbit hole and the next thing you know you'll have a safe full of guns and and a bench full of reloading equipment that you never even knew existed!

Enjoy and, again, welcome!

Ron

My rifle is a 270 too. Funny. That's my intro to shooting farther. Haha.

I'm new to the party but think this might be the right fit for me! I've been on several other forums for a while but recently keep getting directed here. I'm new to the long range shooting idea but I've recently set up a semi custom rifle. I kind of fell into it and now I see why guys get hooked.

I was having an older Remington re-barreled and while we were at it I had to Gunsmith do a few extra things and before I knew it I was shooting steel at 500 yards. I know for guys here that is a chip shot but I have never shot past 300 and considered that to be "long range". So now, I am trying to stretch it out to 700. Gonna need a lot of help as I have to friends or hunting partners that do this. Been bow hunting for the last 30 years.

Excited to learn. Excited for a new chapter in my journey. Excited to hit that gong!
Wait till you hear that (ping) at 1000 yards there's no going back after that!