Best Redding 6.5 PRC Dies

The set that fabricator21 suggested is what I would get or the FL equivalent set if you prefer. In the past I have had great service and price from Accurate Arms and Ammo. Their price is about $25 less than Midway.

Hornady match bushing dies are quite good. I have a set in a custom chamber using redding bushing, getting 0.0005-0.001 total runout upon FL sizing.

I would get a custom whidden fl size die, and a redding comp seating die
I would think twice a out whidden dies. I have a few sets that give 3-5 thou runout in FL sized brass. The fired cases have max of 1 thou runout prior to sizing. A highly reputable smith who built my rifle won't even buy their dies for his rifles anymore. I have redding and Hornady bushing dies that FL size with 1-2 thou max runout. I will probably never buy whidden again.

I wonder if the quality is going down now that Whidden has become more mainstream and is putting out way more product? I have two sets of dies about 6 years old, the sizing dies product very concentric brass.

I would think twice a out whidden dies. I have a few sets that give 3-5 thou runout in FL sized brass. The fired cases have max of 1 thou runout prior to sizing. A highly reputable smith who built my rifle won't even buy their dies for his rifles anymore. I have redding and Hornady bushing dies that FL size with 1-2 thou max runout. I will probably never buy whidden again.

vEmboge.png

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.