• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED best brass for 300 win mag

Kenny0709

I've been trying to do some comparisons on brass for my 300 win mag and would like your input. I know Winchester is one of the most popular, why? I find them to be one of the most inconsistent weight wise. Just looking for some wisdom here!!:)

Before everyone slams you for having your post in the wrong spot, next time put it in the reloading area, and not the for sale of reloading goodies. No big deal.

Now on to your question. What makes good brass? Something that is consistent and lasts. Some guys start by sorting brass into different weight catagories with the idea of if it has the same weight it should have the same internal case capacity. Some guys will actually weight the internal capacity. Most of these guys are BR shooters. Next is the amount of prep work that goes into the case. Uniforming the primer pocket, debuting flash hole, ect. After all the fun work is done and you start shooting some shooters will like or hate brass based on its ability for better ES on your velocity, and it's ability to have repeatable results shot after shot. What I mean by this is some brass will become work harden after 2-3 shots and some have better case life. Some companies primer pockets start to get loose, or case mouth will crack.

These days, especially in 300 mag, take what you can get. But if your lucky and you find RWS brass or Norma, that is a good buy.

Hope this helps.

I'm also partial to Norma brass in 300WM. It costs more but I have found that the number of reloads M able to get over the Winchester and consistency easily justifies the cost. Norma brass has an additional 2-3% greater case capacity over the Winchester.

Also look into RWS brass,3-5 less grain capacity,but fps don't change much and you can find it sometimes for $1.25 per case.
Quality as good as Norma

IMO quality in order.

1.Lapua 300 (no longer avail.
2.Norma 300 Approx.. $2.00 per case
3.RWS available if you search the web. (as good as Lapua/Norma)$1.25 -1.50 per case
3.Nosler custom 300 win..$80.00 for 50 cases
4.300 Win .have seen it as high as $2.00 per case
4.the others are not worth mentioning.