Best bore guide

Laelkhunter

I was looking to purchase bore guides for my rifles, and the Possum Hollow caught my eye. They are specially made for each gun, and seems to work well from the reviews I have seen. I ordered two (for 2 different rifles) from Eric at Possum Hollow, on Dec 5th, 2014 but have not received them yet. I sent e-mails and got no response, and phone calls are unanswered. I guess I have to look elsewhere, so this first post is a query to the members of this Forum as to which bore guides they use and recommend. Both rifles are bolt action, a .340 Wby and a 30/06 Thompson/Center Venture.

Thanks for your help and advice

Sorry, forgot to mention I am in Paulina, La. (halfway between New Orleans and Baton Rouge).

L, the best bore guide is the Lucas. E-mail him [email protected] he will ask your cleaning rod size or suggest one for it. Then let you know amount to send and when to expect it. He has always a man of his word and prompt service for the 20 odd guides I and my friends have ordered. Lucas guides save your barrel a lot of needless wear.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.