Berger in .308

Berger 168 Classic was easier for me to tune in my Tikka. The VLD Hunting shoots well also. I would not bother with the Hybrid unless I was developing a target load

I am wondering about Berger VLD hunting, classic hunter, and hybrid, all 168 gr. I know the hybrid is a target bullet but it seems a lot of guys do well with them. What is your experience with these on game from a .308? Any reason to choose one over the others? Medium game from 50-400 yds.
The 168 classic hunter is a wonderful bullet in the 308 and is very easy to adjust seating as it is not very picky

I have had excellent results with the 168 gr. classic hunter with a variety of powders, but my favorite is 47.0gr of CFE 223. Get about 2720 fps with a 1953 Winchester model 70 featherweight, 22 inch barrel. Have had quick kills on mule deer, and plan on using it on elk this fall. 3 shot groups at 0.6 MOA.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.